I am happy to announce that apart from the book that I just released, I starting writing again in another project. I'd like to consider myself a minimalist, but having recently moved into more humble digs I noticed I still had too much
stuff. The day started off well. I sold a couple of shirts to a retail exchange, and gave the rest away, making $8.40; enough to pay for lunch. Fantastic. I read a good chunk of an awesome book while waiting, and found a nice snug spot outside to eat. Moving right along, I had a meeting with a dear friend, and author of the book
mY Generation, at a coffee shop at 4. This presented the perfect opportunity to pound out a few pages of my own beforehand.
Again sitting outside, with coffee on my left, a beer to my right, and my creative juices flowing, other juices needed to flow as well. Everything was going fine. There were nice breezes and uncluttered paths paving the way for a calm, but brisk walk to my destination, with plenty of time to hold the front door open for a lady. I proceeded with confidence through an unlocked door to the small men's room only to find it already occupied.
Whoa. Dude. C'mon, lock the door. That's not kosher. I realize there is a urinal and a toilet, BUT THERE IS NO DIVIDER. Therefore, man law, section 3 line 7 clearly states: "two dudes must never engage in relieving oneself without a divider unless there are multiple urinals side to side while said dudes face directly forward, and respecting one urinal spacing between each other whenever possible. If amenities face each other without any divider, dude must lock door." Trust me, this is a credible quote, and confirmed on the tv show, Myth Busters. While waiting outside wondering what kind of rookie this guy must be, he soon came out and cruised back behind the counter. To this bizarre bean who should know better in his own place of business: you know who you are...
this cracks me up b/c my boys love to gather around the commode together.... hopefully they'll outgrow that!
ReplyDelete